Christmas Partners will soon be accepting applications for holiday assistance. The program, in its 19h year, is a partnership of the United Way of West Tennessee, the Knights of Columbus/St. Mary’s Church, Toys for Tots, Regional Interfaith Association, the Brighter Christmas Fund and several other nonprofits and faith/civic based organizations and is designed to prevent duplication of services during the holiday season.
Applications will only be accepted in person from 9:00-11:30 a.m. on the following dates: October 2-3, 15-17, and 22-24. This year, applications will be taken at St. Mary’s Church, 1665 Highway 45 BYP, Jackson. Applications will not be accepted over the phone. Applicants must apply in person at St. Mary’s on one of the dates listed above.
To be considered for assistance, applicant must provide:
- Photo identification
- Social Security card or birth certificate for each person in the household
- Department of Human Services letter (must show dollar amount of benefits received)
- Section 8 certification letter and/or lease agreement
- Current rent/mortgage receipt
- Utility bill
- Proof of income (this can include a check stub, child support, unemployment, VA, Social Security, and/or SSI)
Only children age 14 and under will be considered for assistance.
Applicants or organizations interested in joining this partnership to eliminate duplication of services during the holiday season should contact Pat Ross at United Way of West Tennessee –email@example.com or 731-300-3247.